Smart Device Compatibility List
Samsung Galaxy S4
Samsung Galaxy S4 mini
Samsung Galaxy S5
Samsung Galaxy S6
Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge
Samsung Note 2
Samsung Note 3
Samsung Note 4
Samsung Note 4 Edge
iPad 3rd, 4th & 5th generation
iPad Mini 2
iPad Mini 3
iPad Air 2
iChef ET-735 Product Support and FAQ
Answers To Frequently Asked Questions About Your WiFi Thermometer
Q: The Bluetooth connection between my phone or
tablet and the ET-735 keeps dropping; do I have a defective
A: No, the device isn’t defective. Please make sure
you’re turning on the ET-735 before you open the app
on your phone or tablet. Doing so will ensure that the
Bluetooth connection is stable. To maximize your connection,
follow the steps below:
• Make sure that you’re in the ideal range of around 160
feet or greater.
• Make sure that there is a clear line of sight without
any obstacles between the device and the phone.
• Make sure that the smartphone is vertical with the
unit facing the back of the smartphone.
• Make sure that the device is in upright position with
the LCD facing the smartphone.
Q: What are some tips for maximizing the Bluetooth
range on the ET-735 Bluetooth Barbecue Thermometer?
A: Please stand or hang the ET-735 in an upright position
with the LCD facing your smart device. You can
use the stand provided in the package. If the ET-735
is lying down on a table, the distance will be shorter.
Other tips are:
• Try and use your smart device in a vertical position
with the back of the device pointing to the ET-735. If
you are not pointing to the ET-735, or your device is lying
flat horizontally, the distance will be shorter.
• Have a clear line of sight between your device and the
ET-735, otherwise the range will be much shorter.
Here are a few additional tips to maximize your Bluetooth thermometer’s connection:
• Make sure that you're in the ideal range of around 160 feet or less.
• Make sure that there is a clear line of sight without any obstacles between the ET-735 and your smart device
• Make sure that the smartphone is being held vertically with the back of the smartphone facing the ET-735.
• Make sure that the ET-735 is in an upright position, vertical with the LCD facing the smartphone.
Q: Why do I get HHH or LLL for a temperature when I plug my probe into the unit?
A: 99% of the time, your thermometer’s probe has failed. The probe may have been melted, severely pinched or immersed in water. Any of these would cause the probe to short out and give the error code HHH, LLL or a false temperature reading.
If a probe is malfunctioning due to moisture accumulation inside (for example, when it is used in a smoker, which has a high level of humidity), it can usually be made to work again by the following procedure:
1.) Place probe and wire (not entire transmitter) in a small baking pan and put it in an oven that you have preheated to 250oF.
2.) Leave in for one hour, then remove and allow it to cool. When cool, try using probe again and test.
If the probe is still under warranty, please either call or email our customer service department (email@example.com) with the model number of your unit and we’ll replace it, free of charge. If the probe is out of warranty, replacement probes are available for purchase on our website: www.maverickhousewares.com.
NOTE: Please read our complete list of frequently asked questions about the ET-735 for more information.
You can Download the Free Redi Chek App from the Apple Store or Google Play Store.